Compassion and Care for Your Loved One

Frequently Asked

Where do I go for early intervention services if my child is under 3 years old?

First Steps of Southwest Missouri, part of the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Educations, serves children from birth to three years old and their families. To get connected with First Steps of Southwest Missouri or to discuss intake and eligibility please call (417)623-3243. You can also take a look at the First Steps website by clicking here.

I'm having trouble securing child care services. Does CSS have a way to assist?

Yes; the CSS Early Learning Center is a licensed child care center that services children through age 6. For more information or to discuss enrollment options please contact (417)673-4940.

How do I qualify for services for someone with a developmental disability?

Eligibility can vary from person to person. The Missouri Department of Mental Health website includes information that defines what a developmental disability is and what eligibility can look like. You can find more information here.

I'm just getting started. Who do I call first to get started with developmental disability services?

If you are new to the area or just need help finding services, contact the local regional office for your area. You can find a listing of those offices here. The Missouri Department of Mental Health offers a guide in obtaining Developmental Disabilities services on their website. Click here to take a look.

I have a case manager; now what do I do?

If you have been connected with case management services, but don't yet have services, contact your case manager. They will lead you in the next steps to take to secure services.

I'd like to look for additional or different service(s).

Contact your case manager for assistance. They will be able to guide you in the right direction. If you already received services from a provider, your provider may be able to help with additional resources.

I'd like a new provider for the service(s) I already receive.

You always have the right to opt for a new service provider. Contact your case manager for assistance.